We are VHA.
We want you to enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and get to know the people around you.
Caring is at the heart of who we are. We strive to live out our vision: Innovating community-based healthcare together. For over 65 years, VHA has worked together with our employees, partners and communities, inspired by innovation and the pursuit of a healthier tomorrow.
Working together with Ontario Health, hospitals, healthcare agencies and community leaders, we deliver services to people with complex care needs who live in our community.
How to Apply
Follow the steps listed below when you’re applying for clinical, corporate and support careers at VHA Health & Home Support.
- Complete an application for employment
- Submit your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org – include your resume, cover letter and apply for positions of interest.
- Interview – if you are shortlisted, you will be invited to one or more interviews so that we can learn more about your education, abilities and experience. It also provides you an opportunity to learn more about the position and VHA. Our goal is to ensure the right fit. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
- Reference Checks – You are one step closer to joining the VHA team! If you are selected to move forward, we will ask you to provide references.
- Documentation – you will need to provide a Criminal Records Check as well as evidence of good health, including proof of receipt of adult immunizations (hyperlink to separate doc), including COVID-19 vaccination.
Meaningful Health Benefits
You are important to us! Let us care for you while you care for others!
Flexible & Set Work Schedules
You will enjoy a sense of independence while working in clients’ homes, in the community. Or, work a shift as part of a team, in a Supportive Housing setting.
On the Job Support
Your supervisor will help you to build confidence and overcome barriers, by providing one-to-one assistance with workplace issues. Connect with your supervisor by phone, Zoom or in person.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Our Employee Assistance Program (EFAP) is available to all eligible employees and their families, which includes counseling, online resources, and more.
Education and Development Benefits
At VHA, we embrace education as a life-long journey. Through continual learning we strive for the highest level of professional excellence, meeting the needs of our clients as qualified healthcare providers. We offer paid orientation, education, professional training & staff development opportunities.
We believe that everyone at VHA is a leader and have a role to play in their personal and team development. Our hope is that once you join our team, you will find exciting opportunities to develop in whatever path you seek.